Life is busy, right? It’s easy to get wrapped up in our work, our kids, our hobbies and forget to stop and take time to date our spouse. One of my favorite quotes is…
Dates got you to a place where you wanted to marry each other. If you want to stay married then keep dating your spouse. — Andy Traub
There is so much truth to this quote.
Here are 10 reasons you need to continue dating long after the wedding day.
- Your relationship is a priority. It is important. And like any part of our life that is important you must devote time to each other and make your marriage a priority.
- Dates build a strong bond between you. Keep the bond strong.
- Dates give you time to talk, time to laugh and time together with no interruptions. (put your phone away)
- If you go out to eat, someone else cooks dinner. (break for you)
- Dates are cheaper than counseling. 🙂
- Dates are an investment for your future.
- Dates are a chance to see a new movie, try out a new restaurant or go on a new adventure together. Or if you want to keep it simple and just want time alone you can get a sitter and stay in for the night. Dates don’t have to be elaborate or expensive. The goal is time together to enjoy each other and keep your marriage strong. My hubby and I enjoy spending our hour lunch together everyday. It’s generally to walk or run together but it’s an hour that we get to visit with no interruptions. We also enjoy car pooling together as it gives us time to talk about our day before we get home. It doesn’t have to be a whole day or evening but each day you need time together.
- If you have kids, you are setting a great example to them that having a great marriage is important and your priority.
- If or when you have kids, the best gift you can give them is a mom and dad that love each other.
- Could leave to a fun bedtime.
Yesterday we had a wedding out of town. I looked forward to this little getaway with my hubby ever since we got the invite. We got to hang with our friends but we also got time alone being out of town. After 17.5 years of marriage, I still look forward to our dates.
Never stop dating your spouse. Never stop being each other’s best friend. Take the time for each other.