We all have busy lives. Whether it’s a new job, new baby, ballgames or something else–it’s important to make time for our friends. Plus, it’s fun to hang with your friends. Laughing is good for your soul.
Here are 10 reasons you should make time for your friends.
- If you stop hanging with your friends, they will stop including you.
- When you really need them, they won’t be there. — Someday your kids will leave home and you will really need your girlfriends.
- Girlfriends are the best at listening and understand you. We all need friends to confide in and blow off steam with.
- It’s pretty boring reminiscing alone.
- Good friends know each other better than anyone.
- You need vacation partners! 😉
- You need a life outside your spouse/mama hat!
- You need a life outside of work.
- Laughter is the best medicine.
- Let’s face it…girls are fun!
Traveling to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for vacation??? I have spent quite a bit time researching, reaching out to others for fun things they saw/great places to eat and compiled a fun-filled itinerary that I’m sharing. If you are headed there soon, feel free to enjoy. If you have already been and see something I have missed that is a must, comment below.
- Drive to house — Sevierville TN 37876
Sevierville to Pigeon Forge is 7 miles.
Sevierville to Gatlinburg is 14 miles.
- The Old Mill Restaurant – 164 Old Mill Ave, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park – Gatlinburg is where entrance is (NC, TN)
- Cade’s Cove (11 mile scenic loop) – find some short hikes as well
Do Cade’s Cove in evening to see bears
- Swim Hole – 2 options close to Cade’s Cove
The Wye OR The Sinks
- Abram Falls (part of Cade’s Cove Loop Rd)
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park (NC, TN) – 107 Park Headquarters Rd, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN 37738-4102Walk the hike of Grotto Falls & Laurel Falls (look into rainbow falls)
- Newfound Gap – NC/TN line
- Clingmans Dome
- Roaring Fork Motor Trail
- Great Smoky Mountains Railroad scenic tour (NC side)
- Picnic lunch at Chimneys Top Picnic and Chimney Tops Trail
- Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen 131 The Island Dr #8101, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- Foxfire Mountain Adventure Park 3757 Thomas Lane, Sevierville TN
10% off coupon available on TripAdvisor
(“lite zip line” tour, ATV tour, swinging bridge, whispering winds covered bridge to make a wish, waterfalls, family outdoor games, trails and river walk)
- Tanger Outlets 1645 Parkway Ste 960, Sevierville, TN 37862
- Mellow Mushroom 2485 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
It’s no secret trying to juggle those titles is a challenge. It’s chaos some days but it’s always fun. And I’m quite proud to wear all 3.
Today I’m sharing how I balance it all…
- I try to eat healthy. Do I every single day and never cheat? No, but for the most part I eat healthy and drink plenty of water. I love to enjoy a protein shake for dinner.
- I keep my calendar/schedule organized. Being organized is huge with handling all the events we have as a wife, mom and boss. Being organized = success. Those 2 go hand in hand. I have my own personal calendar, we have a family calendar so my hubby and kids know what we have going on and I have my work calendar. I schedule events/appointments in advance and they immediately go on the calendar so I can plan ahead and around events so I don’t overbook or miss an event at home or deadline at work.
- I keep a task list in a notebook at work and home. This list is always up-to-date with tasks I need to complete. Having these visual reminders is important and a huge reason I get so much done at home and work every day.
- I start my day with coffee. Yep, it’s a guilty pleasure and goes totally against my #1 but a mama has to find balance. While I try to be good the rest of the day, I need to rise and shine with a coffee cup in my hand. Find a small guilty pleasure and treat yourself.
- I take some time to myself. I try to every day but some days it doesn’t happen. This one can be hard to do especially depending on the ages of your kiddos. I promise it gets easier if you have little ones. As they get older they can entertain themselves to it’s easy to sneak in a book, bubble bath or they can work out with you, etc.
- My hubby and I are a team. We share the workload at home and the kids’ schedules which makes the mom hat wearing much easier. As our kids are getting older they are helping clean, do laundry and work outside so again mom hat getting easier. If you are overwhelmed, have your hubby fix dinner, schedule some doctor appointments, take the kids to practice, etc.
- I focus on the positives. I’m challenged in my job every day and I love it. Working full-time and doing photography on the side makes me quite busy and I have less time at home wearing my mom hat that I love wearing every day, too. Some days I feel guilty that I miss so much time with my kids and this is when I have to focus on the positives. I’m blessed to have a great job that I love. I have a strong work ethic and setting a great example for my kids. Our kids need to learn to work hard and how to take care of themselves, their home, their family. I’m also building a strong foundation to give my kids the best possible start when they get their wings and fly. We are working hard to be able to pay their college for them so when they graduate and land their 1st full-time job they don’t have all this debt hanging over their head. We are doing a great job so we need to give ourselves credit.
- Indulge in some pleasures. One of my happy places is spending time at the lake. I am an outdoor kind of girl so I love summer. I enjoy spending time at the lake as a family. It’s great quality time together and it’s a nice getaway when I’m not at the office.
- Be thankful. I’m thankful for what I have, what I’ve accomplished, what I’m capable of and thankful for my family and friends. This is an area I am working on every day. I’m thankful but could I be even more grateful in all areas of my life, yes. So I’m a work in progress.
- Last but not least, limit your time on social media. We all spend time on social media. It can soak up so much of your precious time with your family. Instead of focusing on what everyone else is doing on FB, IG, Snapchat, etc focus on your family sitting right in front of you. Catch up with family/friends, post your pics but then turn it off. My other suggestion is turn off your notifications. I do not have mine turned on that way my phone isn’t buzzing and I’m not side-tracked by seeing the notifications. I also try to catch up after my kids go to bed, at practice, doing homework, etc. (basically when they are busy) I’m not saying I’m never on my phone because I do check in with work from my phone as well. I just try to limit social media as I feel like that is optional. Finding balance between it all isn’t easy.
Last, this is how I’ve found balance with juggling all 3 hats and living my best life. You just have to find what works best for you and makes you happy.
Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what we do consistently. — Marie Forleo