As Sunday evening rolls around my mind starts working on what I need to do to prepare for Monday morning. I start some of my prep work the night before. Start by choosing your work outfit and packing up those things you need for the work day (purse, gym bag, lunch – all but the cold stuff) and loading into your car. I try to go through the kids’ binders the night before. My kids are older but if yours are younger you can lay out their outfits as well to save some morning time. I like to get to work early so I try to eliminate those last minute pop ups that occur as we are trying to get out the door.
Generally, the way we start our day influences how we feel for the rest of the day.
Tomorrow is a new day. Here are 6 positive tips to help you start your day right:
- When you wake up in the morning, take a few minutes to chill. Take a few deep breaths and find something you are grateful for. (your kiddos, spouse, your health, the weather, etc). Take this time to pray and thank God for all your blessings.
- Take a few moments to just be present with your family. It feels good to have a few minutes of time vs rushing all morning. Start the day off with quality time instead of just chaos.
- Stay off social media. Focus on you and your family.
- Have a large glass of water before you leave the house. Hydration is important and starting with a glass of water gets some of y0ur ounces in 1st thing.
- Spread some cheer. Text your mom, write a note to your kids/hubby and throw it in their lunch box, email a coworker or staff that you appreciate. Not only will this help someone else feel good, but it can help you start your day off feeling happy as well.
- Set your goals for the day. Get mentally organized or write your goals down if you need to.
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive – to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”